Georgia Does a Tag: No.1

Wednesday 13 August 2014


I love making up unoriginal content (this was meant to be a joke) and talking about myself (not so much a joke) so to appease my mind numbing boredom I stumbled across this tag and thought I would just give it a go. I haven't been tagged, nor am I tagging anyone else. So if you read this and want to have a go then by all means do so.
I found this tag here.

1. What are your top three book hates?
Hmm let's see.
Oh! I know;
1. When people use words that don't fit with the tone of the specific section (especially to do with body parts). This is a weird one for me to explain but I just cringe when this happens. It's like a writer pumps out this amazingly emotionally charged scene and right in the middle of it throw in the word 'ass' or 'pimple' (I ran out of examples). But you get my point right?
2. When books happen over a surprisingly short time scale, sometimes so well hidden you don't really realise how small, and by the end of it the two lovers are so madly, deeply in love with each other. And it's been what? A week? (yes I'm looking at you 'The Mortal Instruments').
3. Creepy love interests. These pop up way to much for my liking, especially in YA books. Why would anyone who's sane want to date someone who's been following them around? Or tall dark, mysterious lovers who have a weird habit of threatening them or being unnecessarily violent/aggressive. Mmm yeah, really romantic.

2. Describe your perfect reading spot.
I like reading in bed actually, with just my lamp on. Dark and quiet. I just like having very limited distractions so I can really get lost in the book. Sometimes that's why I prefer reading on my kindle, because I only have one small light on. I can read like in the car and in public, but I just prefer it that way.

3. Tell us three book confessions.
Rereading is something I love to do. Like really love to do. Especially with my favourites. I just adore reliving something I've enjoyed so much. I think I must have read each Harry Potter book maybe twenty plus times each (I almost wish I was exaggerating here).

4. When was the last time you cried at a book?
Definitely The Boleyn Reckoning by Laura Andersen. I was a mess. In some weird, twisted way I enjoy books that make me cry.

5. How many books are on your bedside table?
None. That's a habit I never picked up as a child; I used to share a room with my sister when I was younger and I had the top bunk so there was no where for me to put my book apart from on the bookshelf. Generally after I finish reading for the night I'll just put it back in its place on my shelf. Also I use my bedside table for ornaments and precious things (it's a large beside table; well technically it s a chest of drawers that's beside my bed and happens to be bed height) so knowing me I'd probably break them all if I put books down.

6. What is your favourite snack while you're reading?
I don't generally eat while I'm reading. Like I said before I usually read in bed so I've usually brushed my teeth and it's late so I don't want to eat. Also sticky fingers + paper = no fun.

7.Name three books you'd recommend to everyone.
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. I could talk about that book forever.
Legend by Marie Lu. I think this would appeal to literally everyone.
The Harry Potter series. If they haven't read it they can come back when they have.

8. Show us a picture of your favourite shelf on your bookcase.
I'm too lazy for that and my shelf is pretty ugly.

9. Write how much books mean to you in three words.
Far too much.

10. What is your biggest reading secret?
I dunno. I would never really consider any of my reading habits secrets. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Tales of a Book Owl 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.