NaNoWriMo: The Inevitable Explanation

Sunday 16 November 2014

I knew this was coming, you knew this was coming, everyone knew this was coming. So I won't say I've given up, because that's not true (well it sort of is). I've chucked NaNoWriMo basically. Wow what a surprise. But let me explain.

I've never been a particularly fast writer. That's to say, when I get going I can go for thousands of words, but when I'm not feeling it, I'm not going to be able to write more than 500 words. And what with school work and hanging out with friends (because no matter how much I love and need to write I'm not sacrificing my education and social life for it), I wasn't making the word count. And the visual of being hundreds and eventually thousands of words behind became a massive deterrent for me. I don't want to force myself to do something when it's not bringing me as much happiness as I originally thought.

However, I am going to continue writing my novel. For some reason, this idea is one I've really latched on to and can see myself writing for some months to come. I'm going to continue with my mindset; of write and don't look back. But I'm not going to feel pressured into writing 1,667 words every single day because honestly I don't have the time and writing until midnight everyday was not good for my health.

So the blogging schedule should be back to normal for now. Although I've hit a bit of a reading slump (oops).

Good luck to everyone who's still going strong!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Tales of a Book Owl 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.